11.22.2010

i'll tumble for ya.

as a consequence of some very mean neighbors and ongoing mail theft, my busy weekend of cleaning/moving was thwarted. i personally don't understand how someone can steal things from a persons mailbox/doorstep and sleep at night. it's just so unnecessary, and i wish a very un-merry christmas to them. so, i'm going north tomorrow with a still-dirty new apartment; a messy old apartment; my cozy new armchair still waiting for me to find a truck to bring it home in; and no money in the bank. best laid plans. le sigh. to help drown my feelings of frustration and helplessness, i went over to mike's house yesterday with a case of beer. he made me pancakes and deep fried reese's peanut butter cups, and i drank cans of budweiser while he packed his suitcases for seattle. he answered all of my tumblr questions, and i fell in love with it's easy and simple bookmark-ey layout. it's like blogger and twitter got together and had a much prettier and less self-indulgent baby. take a peek:

i guess i am still not really sure about the politics of the whole thing (who do i follow? who follows me? is that really the point?) and it seems to be filled with a lot teenage angst. i think i love it nonetheless. all the pretty pictures i have been finding are like little challenges to my creative self--i wish there were more hours in the day! i also wish i could afford a new camera. ahh i wish i wish i wish. i feel like my head is always swimming with ideas and i get so overwhelmed/discouraged by things that aren't perfect that i just end up being lazy. i suppose i just need to learn to tote my camera with me always. and go outside more. and paint my walls. i can do those three things, i think.

speaking of paint, i am still at a near loss as to the colors i want to choose for my new apartment. my new oversized armchair is the only piece of furniture i am really married to; it has colors of olive, gold, and black. one drawback of the new place is that it doesn't get much light... so i don't want to paint anything that is too drab and will make the space seem darker than it is. i also need to keep at least one wall white for photos. i think i am deciding between olive green:
and goldenrod:
 but i kind of feel like the green might be too dark, and yellow is more of a kitchen color? there's also the ever popular teal:
which i absolutely adore. i HAVE already had a teal room though. and i'm just not sure if it will match my new chair. but i'm also not sure i care. i think i might just do what i want with this place, and not think too hard about it.

don't forget to pop over to the shop and take a look at the the vintage-y goodness. holiday party dresses/ warm+wintery sweaters abound!

1 comment:

  1. I do like the teal, but since you already did that color... my vote is for olive green.

    ReplyDelete