11.13.2010

moats & boats & waterfalls

after just one exciting and stressful day of apartment hunting, i uncovered the space that i will call my own for (at least) the next year.


it's in an charming 1920's building in hollywood, that i think i will lovingly refer to it at "the devonshire" from now on. the building manager is and adorable charles bukowski-esque man who i spent an hour sitting and chatting with about his life, the neighborhood, and old hollywood. it has everything i was looking for- vintage details (like a tiny closet that connects to the hall that they used for milk delivery), hardwood floors, lots of space, a full kitchen, an outdoor patio for reading, a roof for sunbathing/barbecuing, close to public transit, and in an area i can walk around in and not be constantly looking over my shoulder.

i am so excited to start filling the space! it's going to take me a while to get it just how i want. paint? wallpaper? FURNITURE? my head is swimming with ideas.

not having to share fridge space with anyone is a completely foreign concept to me. cooking dinners and ENTERTAINING? ahh so exciting!

i spent my first "night" in the apartment with mike and wine, listening to a collection of left records we raided from the basement.

so happy to finally have a space to create a home i am proud to call my own. here's to me and my fur baby and our new apartment!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! That's exactly what I would look for in an apartment. Congrats. :]

    I always get excited with the idea of decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm excited for you to fix it up so I can come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this place looks amazing and with so much potential! good job buddy on finding such an awesome place! i move into my new little 1920s home in the middle of dec - we need to share decorating ideas.

    ReplyDelete