11.19.2010

on the cab ride you said nothing, just hair all in your face

it's been a while since i have done an outfit post, but i am so excited with a recent find that i feel compelled to share. recently i ventured all the way to a little vintage shop in Reseda, and came across lots of goodies. one being this lovely little vintage French Connection gauze top.

it is the prettiest robin's egg blue, and the super thin rayon material falls SO perfectly. it was one of those things that i realized would not be leaving my closet anytime soon the moment i put it on. actually, it came with a matching skirt, and while i am not so into the "matchers" look i wouldn't be averse to wearing separately (i have been strangely digging calf length skirts lately), but it is very VERY tiny, even for my already pretty tiny waist. i would sell it, but i feel bad breaking up the set, somehow? oh well.

i've paired with some uber-fun stonewashed high waist denim jeans, my ubiquitous leather and wood platform sandals, and my new FAVORITE gifted (or, lent?) stretchy gold men's watch.

although admittedly, the outfit wasn't worn much today-- i only left the house briefly for a quick post office/lunch trip. the rest of the day has been spent furiously working on my next round of listings set to start Sunday night (and there is LOTS of good stuff!) i am under some pressure to get it all finished, since i would also like to spend some time cleaning/moving into my new apartment tomorrow-- the first (and when i have to be OUT of the ghetto) is going to be here before i know it, and i still have soooo much to clean/move/buy/paint. and next week it's up to the Bay Area for Thanksgiving-- and although it cuts a week out of my moving time, i am so looking forward to it. hanging with my family, seeing my bests (one of whom is about to pop out my little baby "nephew" in a month!), dragging my favorite drinking buddy to my favorite bar in the city, and lots of thrifting in my old hotspots. plus it's pretty exciting to NOT be working retail for the first black Friday in YEARS.

it doesn't feel like the holidays... maybe because it's still 80 degrees in LA. but it didn't feel like the holidays last year either, not even on Christmas day. but... this year it feels ok, somehow.

2 comments:

  1. guess im not one of your bests!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so cute! You have been coming up on some good finds.

    ReplyDelete